Accidentally dropping your iPhone into water can be a heart-stopping moment. Whether it’s a sink, toilet, or pool, water damage is a common occurrence for iPhone users. The good news is that there are ways to fix a water damaged iPhone, but the cost can vary depending on the extent of the damage and the model of your iPhone.
Assessment of Water Damage
Before discussing the cost of fixing a water damaged iPhone, it’s important to understand that the extent of the damage plays a significant role in the repair process. When you take your water damaged iPhone to a repair technician, they will assess the damage to determine the necessary repairs. Some common issues resulting from water damage include:
- Corrosion of internal components
- Screen damage
- Battery damage
- Audio issues
- Functionality problems
Cost Factors for Water Damaged iPhone Repair
The cost of repairing a water damaged iPhone can be influenced by several factors:
- Extent of Damage: The more severe the water damage, the higher the repair cost is likely to be as it may require more extensive repairs and replacement of damaged parts.
- Model of iPhone: The repair cost can vary depending on the model of your iPhone. Newer models with advanced features may have higher repair costs.
- Repair Provider: The cost of repair may differ between authorized Apple service providers and third-party repair shops.
- Components and Parts: If any internal components or parts need to be replaced, it will add to the overall cost of the repair.
Cost Estimates for Water Damaged iPhone Repair
It’s important to note that the following cost estimates are general ranges and can vary based on the factors mentioned earlier. The cost estimates do not include any additional taxes or fees that may apply.
Out-of-warranty Service By Apple
|Repair Cost Range
|iPhone 7 or 7 Plus
|$319 – $349
|iPhone 8 or 8 Plus
|$349 – $399
|$549 – $599
|iPhone XS or XS Max
|$699 – $799
|$549 – $599
|$549 – $599
|iPhone 11 Pro or 11 Pro Max
|$699 – $799
Third-party Repair Shop
Third-party repair shops may offer lower repair costs compared to Apple’s out-of-warranty service. However, the quality of the repair and the warranty provided may vary. It’s essential to choose a reputable repair shop to ensure that your iPhone is properly fixed.
There are DIY methods available for attempting to dry out a water damaged iPhone, such as using uncooked rice or silica gel packets. While these methods may seem cost-effective, they are not guaranteed to work, and there is a risk of further damage to the device. It’s generally recommended to seek professional repair services for water damaged iPhones.
Preventing Water Damage to Your iPhone
Prevention is always better than cure, and when it comes to your iPhone, taking measures to prevent water damage can save you from the hassle and cost of repairs. Some tips to prevent water damage to your iPhone include:
- Using a waterproof case or pouch for your iPhone, especially in water-prone environments.
- Avoiding taking your iPhone into the bathroom, near swimming pools, or any other locations where it could be exposed to water.
- Being cautious around liquids and keeping your iPhone away from drinks and other sources of moisture.
- Regularly checking for any signs of water damage, such as condensation under the screen or in the camera lens.
Frequently Asked Questions On How Much To Fix Water Damaged Iphone?
How Much Does It Cost To Fix Water Damaged Iphone?
The cost of fixing a water-damaged iPhone varies, but it can range from $50 to $300 depending on the extent of the damage.
Can A Water Damaged Iphone Be Repaired?
Yes, a water damaged iPhone can be repaired, but it’s crucial to act quickly and seek professional assistance to avoid further damage.
What Should I Do If My Iphone Gets Water Damaged?
If your iPhone gets water damaged, immediately turn it off, dry the exterior, and seek professional help to prevent internal corrosion.
Is It Worth Repairing A Water Damaged Iphone?
It’s generally worth repairing a water damaged iPhone, especially if the cost of repair is significantly lower than buying a new one.
When it comes to the cost of fixing a water damaged iPhone, it’s essential to consider the extent of the damage, the model of your iPhone, and the repair provider. While the cost of repair may seem high, it’s crucial to weigh it against the value of your iPhone and the potential loss of data. Additionally, taking preventive measures to protect your iPhone from water damage can save you from the inconvenience of dealing with a water damaged device. If your iPhone does encounter water damage, seeking professional repair services is often the best course of action to ensure that it is properly fixed and restored to full functionality.